Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 070

Drawing an apple on it's side is a bit challenging. I f0und myself tilting my head while drawing this. Maybe I should have just drawn the apple upright and then transform it? But I'm glad I did it this way, because when painting on location.....ctrl + z and the transform tool is not at my disposal.

This angle is definitely out of my comfort zone....and this is a good reminder why I chose to do this project. I anticipated times where the perspective and tones will not work! In this case, I could not achieve the roundness along the top of the apple. It was looking like a tomato.

The more I troubleshoot these problems while painting I should be more at ease when painting a subject on it's side....like a fallen over tree trunk. Okay enough rambling....more painting :)

Enjoy your weekend!!!

Red Delicious Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment